Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Lady Liora

It's an amazing experience to live with a cat that came from a hoarder.  Liora is a dainty and beautiful soul, so unsure of her world when I brought her home.

I remember looking for an older cat to adopt, one that would have fewer chances of finding a forever home and spied her in a room that had about 12 cats.  Peering through the window I saw her sitting on a bench and another woman was checking out that same area.

"Oh my!" she exclaimed, pointing to Liora....."Isn't she beautiful?!"

She scurried over to the card that had a picture and info, sighing, "Egads, she is already 12 years old!"

As she walked away I went over to read through the information and thought to myself, "Hmmm, this may just be the one for me!"

I had just lost Tonga at 22 years of age and it was a peaceful parting.  I'll share about that another day.

Because this is about Liora :)

As a Manx mix she had a little stub for a tail and the most beautiful lilac coloring from the Siamese part of her heritage.  She peered at the world through blue eyes past her smoky grey face and just wasn't sure at all about what was going on.

Diving back into her history it turns out she had been returned twice.  The first time was for peeing on the carpet and the second time the complaint was that she was too needy.

Looking at her my heart melted and I thought, "This is doable!"  The deeper back her history went, it turned out she was rescued from a hoarder and had lived most of her life just one face among many.  That would explain the need for a slow intro to litter box manners and who wouldn't be on the needy side after a life like that?!

It has been just over a year and she captures the heart of even those who don't like cats.  She has such a gentle presence and a beauty that radiates from the inside out.  It took her over six months to find her Siamese voice, but she sure knows how to speak her mind now!!

Since I have a dog that was rescued from a hoarder I sensed a pattern emerging - and I love it!  Those of you who have rescued a FurKid heart know what I'm talking about.  She is thriving on 777 The Mark of the Best cat food and it's so adorable to watch her gently lick her paws and clean her face after she's had a good munch!

I need to just mention that she has the teeniest bit of white on her front paws that gives the impression of wearing an old fashioned pair of high fashion shoes and watching her elegantly wander the house always brings joy to my heart :)

No comments:

Post a Comment